Protecting your investment for years to come.
Winchester Caravans works hard to ensure your caravan operates at its optimum performance at all times and we always recommend that our customers have an annual caravan service. Our services are carried out at our on-site workshop by a team of fully-trained service engineers.
Our ongoing investment in industry body training has been inspected and approved by the NCC Approved Workshop Scheme to give you the ultimate peace of mind when we carry out work on your caravan.
In order to be accepted on to the scheme, all workshops must pass an annual inspection by a team of independent assessors and must comply with rigorous standards. This means you will know that the right things are done by the right people and to the highest standard.
What is included in a caravan service?
Our caravan service incorporates work on all functioning parts of your caravan. Here are some of the components we inspect, test and lubricate during an annual service.
- 240v/12v electrical systems and appliances
- Water systems and appliances
- Gas systems and appliances
- Full Carbon Monoxide test
- Tyre and wheel checks
- Brakes, bearings, linkages, hitch-head and over-run device
- Corner steadies
- Moisture Test
What is an NCC Approved Workshop and what can you expect?
Approved Workshops are run by fully-qualified caravan servicing professionals. There are around 400 workshops in the scheme across the UK.
Using an Approved Workshop gives you peace of mind that the technician working on your caravan is qualified to the required standards. The scheme is so sure of its standards, that they guarantee all repairs for a minimum of six months and take all reasonable steps to protect the validity of any unexpired warranties.
Along with the requirements for technicians, each workshop must also meet high standards of competency and must comply with an industry Code of Practice. This means that all Approved Workshops will:
- Display a detailed list of prices and labour rates
- Provide an estimate for any additional servicing or repair work over £150
- Give a realistic estimated time for completion and collection
- Use genuine spare parts where available
- Ensure all work is carried out using skill, care and professional judgement
- Always provide you with a checklist of work done
- Not start work without your consent
- Contact you for confirmation to continue if additional work is identified
- Notify you in writing of faults which are not rectified, with an honest assessment of the urgency of the repairs required.
The NCC Approved Workshop scheme is a joint enterprise between the National Caravan Council, The Caravan Club and the The Camping and Caravan club and is the benchmark for caravan servicing on a national scale.
What is the cost of a caravan service?
Servicing Costs -
Single Axle caravan service: £275.00 inc VAT
Twin Axle caravan service: £325.00 inc VAT
Retail Labour Rate: £50.00 inc VAT
(Any remedial work would be charged at this rate and be covered under warranty for one year)
Daily Storage Rate: £5.00 inc VAT
(Only charged for every night stored over the pre-arranged booking slot)
Exterior Steam Clean: From £60.00 inc VAT
(Subject to availability & condition of caravan)
Glycol Antifreeze Change: £200.00 inc VAT
Keep in touch
Book your service
We will look after your caravan just as much as you do. Protect your investment today by booking a service with our workshop staff.Book for a service ›
Get a free caravan valuation
Looking to sell? Need a quote for insurance purposes? Interested in a part-exchange? We can help, so contact us today.Book a valuation ›