The way that caravans are constructed has changed greatly over the years, particularly as technology and the availability of materials has increased over time. Read more ›
We like to make sure our website is accessible to all.
In keeping with our policy of customers first, and our obligations under the DDA (Disability Discrimination Act), we ensure that our website is accessible to people who have visual, hearing, motor or cognitive impairments.
Making our website accessible is a core aim of Winchester Caravans and we will try and make sure that it is functional, with a broad range of operating systems, browsers, and specialist assistive technologies.
As a standard, we employ all the following methods to ensure our site is accessible to as many people as possible:
- all pictures have an alternative text description
- our stylesheets allow for text resizing using the View – Text Size option in the browser toolbar
- the website stylesheets can be easily switched off for high contrast viewing should the theme be difficult to read
- we are committed to using plain english in all our written content
- our site has been designed without the use of tables except where we need to represent normally tabulated content i.e timetables
- the website can be navigated without the use of a mouse
- a sans-serif font is used for easier readability
- we do not use all-capitals for emphasis, except for visual impact in a minority of cases
- we use a hierarchy of heading markups i.e a H1 tag for site/page headings, a H2 for page/sub headings etc which makes it easier for screen readers to work out the stucture of a page
- our site can be viewed in a logical order when all styling is turned off
If there is an instance when our site does not meet the need of a specific disabled user group, we will make changes to our currrent content, wherever appropriate, so that we can become as inclusive as possible. Please contact us if this is the case.
Easy navigation links
You can use these hotlinks in conjunction with your browser accessibility keyboard shortcuts to locate the following sections of the site:
- accessibility page (keyboard shortcut a)
- homepage (keyboard shortcut h)
- top of the current page (keyboard shortcut t)
- page content of the current page (keyboard shortcut c);
- bottom of the current page (keyboard shortcut b)
Keep in touch
Book your service
We will look after your caravan or motorhome just as much as you do. Protect your investment today by booking a service with our workshop staff.Book for a service ›
Get a free caravan valuation
Looking to sell? Need a quote for insurance purposes? Interested in a part-exchange? We can help, so contact us today.Book a valuation ›
Sign up to our newsletter
Do you have any questions?
Get in touch with Winchester Caravans & Motorhomes today.Ask a question ›