If you want comprehensive guarantee of cover, you have come to the right place.
Here at Winchester Caravans, we want you to feel completely happy with your new or pre-owned caravan purchase. We want you to know that from time to time problems unfortunately can arise, but we are always here to help. All our caravans are covered with a fully comprehensive warranty, giving you continued peace of mind as you go on your caravan journey.
All new caravan purchases are covered under full factory-backed warranties and all our pre-owned caravan sales are covered by Winchester Caravans Approved Warranty Scheme.
Full details are available upon request. However, to give you a brief idea on how our warranties work, please see below.
Bailey Caravans -
Total customer satisfaction is top priority at Winchester Caravans and this ethos extends to the manufacturer’s warranty package that comes with every new Bailey caravan. This means we not only ensure long-term peace of mind, but also enhance the re-sale value of your investment.
6 Year Body Shell Integrity Guarantee
Bailey Alu-Tech caravans are covered by a six year Body Shell Integrity Guarantee from the initial date of purchase. This cover extends to any structural degradation to the body shell that arises as a result of water ingress through any permanently sealed seam or joint (with the exception of exclusions stated in the terms and conditions.)
An additional four year extension to the standard Body Shell Integrity Warranty cover (making 10 years cover in total) is available as a cost option. Please ask your salesperson for more details.
3 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
For a period of 24 months from the initial date of purchase, Bailey offers a comprehensive warranty on all parts and components as well as full coverage for any manufacturing faults forming part of the original specification of the caravan, with the following specified exceptions:
The following items are covered for one year from the date of first registration
- Microwave ovens
- Pioneer Stereo Radio/CD/MP3 players and speakers
The manufacturer’s warranty then extends to an additional 12 months on the following items.
- Chassis: all chassis members including corner steadies
- Suspension: axle suspension and braking system (excluding any damage to or faults in brake drums and shoes that are caused through misuse of the braking system or from normal wear and tear)
- Running Gear: road wheels (excluding tyres)
- Towing Mechanism: all mechanical components fitted to vehicle (excluding electrics)
- Cooker: the cooker unit including burners, grill, oven, flame failure device and igniter
- Refrigerator: door seal condenser, gas control valve, gas igniter, flame failure device,12 and 230v heater elements, gas thermostat, 230v thermostat and 230v temperature control switch
- Water System: water heater (gas or electric), fresh water tank, water pump, water
- gauges, taps and shower head · Electrical System: mains hook up input connector, ELCB, battery charger
- Cassette Toilet: the cassette toilet is covered (excluding seals, valves and glands)
- Windows: the functionality of the opening and closing system (stays, handles and catches) and a warranty against the cracking of the acrylic
- Heating System: thermostat, motor, switches, control unit, gas heater, flame failure against the cracking of the acrylic
- Upholstery: zips, seams and colour fastness
An additional three year extension to the standard Manufacturer’s Warranty cover for mechanical and electrical components of a leisure vehicle both external and internal is available as a cost option.
The Bailey warranty above is offered subject to a list of terms and conditions available upon request.
Swift Caravans -
All the illustrations and descriptive matter in the handbook are intended to give a general idea of the caravan. Changing market and supply situations and our policy of continuous product development may prevent us from maintaining the exact specifications detailed in the handbook. We therefore reserve the right to alter specifications as materials and conditions demand.
Dealers are not agents of Swift Group Limited ("Swift") and have absolutely no authority to bind the manufacturer by any express or implied undertaking or representation.
Your caravan has three warranties (unless you have purchased an Elegance or Elegance Grande based products from our 2020 model year in which case your caravan has four warranties, as further described below:
For all parts or fittings of your caravan other than the body shell, Swift will repair (or at it's option, replace) any defective parts or fittings for 3 years from the date of purchase (or hire purchase) subject to conditions, terms and exclusions below.
Body Shell Warranty
For the body shell, Swift will repair (or at its option, replace) any defects with the body shell for 6 years from the date of purchase (or hire purchase), subject to the conditions, terms and exclusions below.
Extended Body Shell Warranty
For the first owner, Swift will repair (or at its option, replace) any defects with the body shell for 10 years from the date of purchase (or hire purchase), subject to the conditions, terms and exclusions below.
Lifetime Water Ingress Warranty
(Applicable to Elegance and Elegance Grande based products from 2019 model year only).
Elegance or Elegance Grande based products from 2019 model year only, have the benefit of a fourth warranty; the Lifetime Water Ingress Warranty. This warranty is available to the first registered owner of an Elegance and Elegance Grande based product from 2019 model year only for up to 25 years of ownership. This warranty shall be effective from the date of purchase (or hire purchase) and is subject to the "Conditions" which are set out in the paragraph below.
- You must ensure that your caravan has had an Annual Service (see clause 2 below) within 90 days before or 60 days after each anniversary of the original date of purchase. In order to preserve:
- Your SuperSure Warranty, the third Annual Service must be carried out before the expiry of the 36 month period from the original date of purchase;
- Your Body Shell Warranty, the sixth Annual Service must be carried out before the expiry of the 72 month period from the original date of purchase;
- Your Extended Body Shell Warranty, the tenth Annual Service must be carried out before the expiry of the 120 month period from the original date of purchase;
- If applicable, your Lifetime Water Ingress Warranty, the twenty fifth Annual Service must be carried out before the expiry of the 300 month period from the original date of purchase.
- If your caravan has not had its Annual Service, in accordance with the terms of this handbook, then Swift will not be obliged to perform any work under the applicable warranties. Original VAT invoices must be retained as proof that Annual Services have been carried out.
- The Annual Service must be carried out in accordance with the requirements in this handbook. You will be responsible for any charges made for an Annual Service. If the Annual Service is performed by an authorised Swift Group Service Centre then Swift warrants that the Annual Service has been performed correctly. If the Annual Service is performed by an unauthorised repairer or service centre then if the Annual Service has not been performed in accordance with the requirements in this handbook and/or work has been performed on your caravan that is defective or faulty, then Swift will not be obliged to perform any work under this Warranty (insofar as it relates to defective or faulty work or defective Annual Service).
- All new caravans must be registered with Swift within 6 weeks of purchase as new.
- The benefit of the SuperSure Warranty and Body Shell Warranty may be transferred to a new owner if the caravan is re-sold, provided that the caravan has been serviced in accordance with the requirements of this handbook, and details of the change of ownership have been supplied to Swift using the change of ownership form set out in this handbook as soon as reasonably practicable after the change.
- The benefit of the Extended Body Shell Warranty is non-transferable to new owners and applies only to the original registered owner.
- The benefit of the Lifetime Water Ingress Warranty on the Elegance and Elegance Grande based products from 2019 model year, is non-transferable to new owners and applies only to the original first registered owner.
- If any repairs are identified as being necessary during an Annual Service or otherwise, Swift will only pay for Warranty work performed by an authorised Swift Group Service Centre. The caravan must be made available to an authorised Swift Group Service Centre within 6 weeks of the date the repair need was identified for the work to be carried out. The cost of transporting, towing or moving the caravan by any means to or from the place of repair is the responsibility of the owner.
- The SuperSure Warranty, the Body Shell Warranty and/or the Extended Body Shell Warranty only apply to caravans purchased and used primarily within the UK. The Lifetime Water Ingress Warranty only applies to Swift Elegance and Elegance Grande based products from 2019 model year purchased and used primarily within the UK.
- The Body Shell Warranty and Extended Body Shell Warranty cover any defect with the panels and seams of the caravan. This includes body leaks, delamination of panels or floor, water ingress through any permanently sealed seam joints.
- The Lifetime Water Ingress Warranty cover water ingress through permanently sealed seam joints on Swift Elegance and Elegance Grande based products from 2019 model year.
- The SuperSure Warranty will cover in the first 12 months any defect other than those specified in the Exclusions below.
- In years 2 and 3 of the SuperSure Warranty, the Warranty will only cover any defect with the following components:
- Chassis Components: all chassis members, including corner steadies, overrun device, axle and braking system (excluding brake drums and shoes)
- Electrical System: PSU, battery charger, Smart Command and interior lighting units (excluding bulbs).
- Water System: water heater, fresh water tank, water pump, water gauges, taps and shower head.
- Cooker: the cooker unit including grill, oven, burners, igniter and flame failure device.
- Refrigerator: gas igniter, flame failure device, door seal condenser, gas control valve, 12V and 230v heater elements, gas thermostat, 230v thermostat and 230v temperature control switch.
- Cassette Toilet: the cassette toilet (excluding seals, valves and glands).
- Heating System: thermostat, motor, switches, control unit, gas heater, flame failure device and igniter (excluding ducting and fittings).
- Windows: the functionality of the opening and closing system (stays, handles and catches) and a warranty against the cracking of the acrylic. Excludes fading.
- Upholstery: zips, seams and colour fastness.
In years 2 and 3 of the SuperSure Warranty, any defect specified in the Exclusions will not be covered.
- Swift shall not be liable under this Warranty for any defect related to or arising from the following:
- The failure of a component for reasons of fair wear and tear;
- Damage resulting from freezing, fire, overheating or accidents (whether caused by the user or a third party);
- Misuse of any component;
- Normal deterioration, corrosion, intrusion of foreign or harmful bodies, lack of servicing or negligence of any person other than Swift which causes stoppage of or impairment to the function of any component of the caravan;
- Replacement of parts which have reached the end of their effective working life because of age and/or usage;
- Cleaning or adjustment of any assemblies;
- Cosmetic finishes to kitchen sinks, cooker tops, vanity units, shower trays.
- Damage caused by any abrasive cleaners
- Issues related to condensation in normal use;
- Routine maintenance items which are part of the annual service including brake shoes, one shot nuts, lubricants, AKS pads, rubber gas hose, the cleaning of the heater and fridge flues, the replacement of gas jets, the resealing and/ or replacement of shower room sealant, and the adjustment and lubrication of locks.
- In addition to the exclusions above, in years 2 and 3 of the SuperSure Warranty Period, Swift Group Limited shall not be liable under this Warranty for any defects related to:
- Alloy wheels: after 24 months from date of purchase, this excludes wear and tear, (tyres & valves excluded).
- Wall and Roof GRP sheeting material: after 24 months from date of purchase only
Swift shall also not be liable under the SuperSure, Body Shell, Extended Body Shell or the Lifetime Water Ingress Warranties (if applicable) if the Caravan has been neglected, misused, modified or use for hire or reward or if the identification marks (chassis/VIN numbers) have been removed or defaced. The caravan will be deemed to have been neglected if it has not been serviced and maintained as stated in this handbook or any repairs being identified as necessary at an Annual Service or by a Swift Group Service Centre have not been carried out in a reasonable time.
You have legal rights under UK law governing the sale of consumer goods. These warranties do not affect your legal rights.
Winchester Caravan’s Approved Warranty Scheme -
Our aim is to supply you with a trouble-free and fully-serviced caravan. Wherever possible, we will always aim to demonstrate the new working parts of your caravan on collection.
As with all pre-owned products, there is an ageing process which causes deterioration of fixtures and fittings. Our warranty is designed to cover the most important aspects of safety and structural reliability.
Key Features -
Any remaining balance of the original manufacturer’s in-house warranty can be transferred to you as the new owner. This is done directly with the manufacturer and usually applies to caravans up to three years from the date of first registration and involves a small administration cost. The cover will be given to you from the original manufacturer’s documentation.
If the above is not possible then the following warranty applies.
- Caravans up to 5 model years old = a 12 month cover applies from date of collection.
- Caravans up to 10 model years old = 6 month cover applies from date of collection.
- Caravans over 10 years old = 3 month cover applies from date of collection.
Extent of Cover -
- Water ingress (body leaks)
- Braking systems, chassis and running gear
- Gas Systems, pipes, joints and axings (excludes Bulkhead Mounted Regulator)
- Operation of gas/electrics for fridge (all plastic parts, such as casing/shelves are excluded)
- Operation of gas/electrics for heating systems.
- Operation of gas/electrics for cooking systems (all basing/housing are excluded)
- Operation of gas/electric piping for hot/cold water systems (all plastics are excluded)
- Pumps and taps are covered for a period of three months. Should you need replacement of a pump/tap during the remaining nine months, this will be done as a parts-only charge and labour will be free of charge
- The pump and seals on the cassette toilet are covered for a period of three months (excludes plastics/casing/seats.) Parts-only charge applies after this period.
- Electrical systems and charging units are covered for three months. Parts-only charge applies after this period
- Microwaves are covered for a period of three months.
- Motor Movers are covered for a period of three months. Should you need any replacement parts during the remaining nine months this will be done at a parts-only charge and the labour will be free of charge (rollers are not covered)
Specific Exclusions -
- Wheels, tyres, batteries, gas bottles, glass, paint, bright work and all similar décor
- Alarm systems and all tracking devices.
- Windows, window catches, stays and associated fittings
- Blinds, hinges, catches, stays, doors and AKS pad
- Replacement of bulbs, fluorescent tubes, fuses and electrical connections.
- ‘A’ frame covers and wheel spats.
- Natural movement of internal doors and furniture.
- Entertainment/communications systems and connected equipment, such as televisions, CD/radios unless it is of original specification. If it is, then it is covered for three months.
- Normal wear and tear, servicing items, frost damage and other components that are subject to routine maintenance.
- Solar panels and regulators.
The warranty offered above is subject to terms and conditions available upon request.
Keep in touch
Book your service
We will look after your caravan just as much as you do. Protect your investment today by booking a service with our workshop staff.Book for a service ›
Get a free caravan valuation
Looking to sell? Need a quote for insurance purposes? Interested in a part-exchange? We can help, so contact us today.Book a valuation ›