Discover caravanning in 2021!
blog / advice / new caravans / motorhomes / summer / holiday / family
If you’ve been mulling over the idea of a caravan or motorhome for the past few years, there’s never been a better time to take the plunge! 2020 saw caravans become the new cool as they offered couples and families alike the best option for a holiday during a global pandemic.
Although things are looking up with vaccines being rolled out and dates in the diary for the country to (cautiously) start reopening its doors, staycations are likely to be the most sensible holiday option this year. It is hoped that all adults will have received the vaccine by the end of July, but that may be too late to organise holidays abroad, so why not stay on home soil to enjoy your annual leave?
5 reasons to make 2021 the year of the caravan...
One of the biggest worries about re-entering the world after lockdown is how safe it is. Having to go somewhere and have contact with people or use public toilets can feel a little daunting right now. But that’s the beauty of caravanning - you have everything you need inside your home on wheels! All caravans (and most motorhomes) come with their own washroom and kitchen facilities meaning, other than stocking up on supplies, you can keep to yourselves as much as you like. No using shared sinks for washing up and certainly no queues for the campsite showers - bliss!
One thing our customers always tell us when asked why they choose caravanning is that they love the freedom it provides. Once you’ve purchased your caravan and have it all kitted out, it’s easy: you pack some clothes and off you go! Everything is ready and waiting in your van every time the fancy takes you. Plus, unlike holidays abroad, there are no worries about language barriers, passports, visas and in the current climate, quarantine periods upon return. You simply need to choose your destination, book your pitch and start looking forward to your upcoming adventure!
Near or far
It’s your holiday, so you choose where you go! With a caravan you can go near or far, the only limit is how much travel time you can put up with - an important factor if you’re travelling with kids or pets. Take a look at the map and identify places that you’d like to visit and ask the whole family for ideas. You could opt for several destinations if you have a couple of weeks to spare, but be sure to plan your route well to make the most of your holiday. Make sure that the places you want to visit are fully open to visitors before you book to avoid disappointment - even though things are looking up, local restrictions may be introduced in some places if the situation changes.
If the last year has taught us anything, it’s that family and friends are precious. We’ve all missed mixing with our loved ones over the past 12 months so it’s more important than ever to appreciate some quality time with our nearest and dearest. Whether you’re planning on a trip with just your family unit, or planning to meet up with fellow caravanning friends or extended family - enjoy! Sit back, relax and soak up the simple things in life - good company and the great outdoors!
If you’re still on the fence about making this purchase, hesitate no more - owning a caravan or motorhome will give you the freedom to get away from it all as often as you like; it will allow you to enjoy holiday after holiday for years to come. Whether it’s weekend breaks, long summer holidays or even a cosy Christmas in your caravan, the sky’s the limit! What’s more, when the pandemic is under control you’ll be able to venture abroad in your caravan if you choose - just hop on the ferry to France and the continent is your oyster!
Top trip tips:
- Get your pitch booked as early as you can - this year is likely to be busy as people who would usually go abroad may decide to stay in the UK, meaning sites will be in high demand.
- Research your route so you know where you’re going and what types of road to expect - especially if it’s your first time towing. Leave plenty of time to get there and drive more slowly than you usually would.
- A week before your trip, confirm that any places of interest are definitely going to be open - closures could be extended / reintroduced if the COVID infection numbers rise.
- Make sure you have all you need for your trip - check out our online accessory shop - we stock everything from homeware to BBQ equipment and towing accessories. Contact us if you can’t find what you’re looking for and we’ll endeavour to locate it for you.
Check out our ranges
At Winchester Caravans and Motorhomes we stock a range of new and pre-owned caravans, new motorhomes and pre-owned motorhomes and campervans, so take your pick! We’re an official dealership for both Bailey and Swift - the two biggest brands in the industry - and also offer many other manufacturers within our pre-owned stock. We’re sure to have something to suit every budget and lifestyle, so why not kick-start your search by browsing our ranges online and getting a shortlist on the go?
Top things to consider:
- Are you looking for new or pre-owned - your budget may dictate this.
- How many berths do you need? Most vehicles come in 2, 4 or 6 berths.
- Think about layout - where will everyone sleep, what types of bed are you after, where would you like the washroom to be located?
- Are there any must-have facilities? Kitchen appliances, type of heating or amount of storage?
- Ensure your car is large enough to tow the type of caravan you’re interested in before you buy it!
Get in touch if you’d like to chat to our friendly and knowledgeable team about what the right caravan or motorhome for you might be! We’re taking orders over the phone or you can visit us to take a closer look at our vehicles when our showroom reopens on 12 April. Don’t forget to drop into our on-site shop then too and check out the thousands of accessories we have to offer!
‹ All press releases
Keep in touch
Book your service
We will look after your caravan or motorhome just as much as you do. Protect your investment today by booking a service with our workshop staff.Book for a service ›
Get a free caravan valuation
Looking to sell? Need a quote for insurance purposes? Interested in a part-exchange? We can help, so contact us today.Book a valuation ›
Sign up to our newsletter
Do you have any questions?
Get in touch with Winchester Caravans & Motorhomes today.Ask a question ›